The Village of Plainfield offers a fast-paced, exciting work environment!
The Village currently employs 150 individuals and offers a number of excellent benefits:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Personal, sick, and vacation days
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Plainfield.
The Plainfield Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer for the purpose of creating an eligibility list. For information on testing requirements, the online application, and release forms please visit: www.recruitment.iosolutions.org or you may call 1-800-343-HIRE with questions.
Applications are available from July 1, 2015 to August 14, 2015 only. Application deadline is August 14, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- Valid driver's license
- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement OR a Bachelor's Degree in any field from a regionally accredited college/university
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age as of application deadline (unless otherwise exempt by statute)
- Must have valid NIPSTA POWER test card issued within 12 months prior to 9/12/15 (considered valid if dated 9/12/14 to 9/12/15)
- Military service record/discharge DD-214 (if applicable)
- Testing Requirements: Candidates must achieve at least a 70% to pass the written exam and at least a 70% to pass the oral interview.
Orientation and Written Exam:
Date: Saturday, September 12th, 2015
Time: Sign-in closes promptly at 8:45 a.m.
Location: Plainfield Fire Department Administration Building, 23748 West 135th Street, Plainfield, IL 60585
Employment Application (For all positions except Police Officer.) To be considered for a position, a Village of Plainfield Employment Application must be completed in full. Applications should only be submitted for positions that are posted. Resumes received without an application and incomplete employment applications will not be considered. Applications for all civilian positions should be returned to the Village of Plainfield, attn: Human Resources, 24401 W. Lockport St., Plainfield, IL 60544. Applications are also available at the Village Hall.
Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all applicants due to the large volume of applications that we receive. However, if we are interested in interviewing you for one of our positions, you will be contacted at that time.
The hiring of Police Officers is conducted through the Plainfield Police Commission selection process whereby testing leads to an Eligibility List. Our current list expires November 15, 2015. Notice will be posted when testing will occur and applications will be accepted at that time.
The Village of Plainfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages persons of diverse backgrounds to apply for available positions.