The Village of Plainfield offers a fast-paced, exciting work environment!
The Village currently employs 150 individuals and offers a number of excellent benefits:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Personal, sick, and vacation days
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Plainfield.
The Village is seeking applicants for a full-time Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic position. Responsibilities include: maintenance and repair of Village vehicles, trucks, equipment and tools either diesel, gasoline or electrically powered. Work is performed under the supervision of the Vehicle Maintenance Crew Leader. Other labor-intensive duties may be assigned. High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); with 5 years of related vehicle maintenance experience. Experience in automotive and/or truck mechanic work, including or supplemented by experience in a diversified automotive repair and maintenance shop is preferable. Must possess, or can obtain, and maintain a Class “B” CDL Illinois State driver’s license. Completion of A.S.E. 1 -9 certifications strongly desired. Must own complete set of mechanics tools. Starting hourly rate is: $28.44 per hour DOQ. Job Description. Employment Application. Applications and full job description may also be picked up at Village Hall 7:30 am - 5 pm, Monday-Friday. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Resumes with applications can be sent to email@example.com.
The Plainfield Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Applications are available at: iosolutions.com. The application deadline is February 22, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $62,811
You must meet the following minimum requirements by the application deadline:
• $25.00 non-refundable application fee;
• U.S. Citizenship;
• No Felony Convictions;
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement OR a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a regionally accredit college or university due by date of appointment;
• 21 to under 35 years of age as of February 22, 2019, unless otherwise exempt by Statute;
• Valid POWER Test Card dated within one year of written exam. Must be dated March 9, 2018 – March 9, 2019;
• Military Service Record/Discharge DD-214 (if applicable);
• Testing Requirements: Candidates must achieve at least 70% to pass the written examination and at least 70% to pass the oral interview. The top 20 candidates from the written exam will move on to the oral interviews.
• The Village of Plainfield will not consider members of the immediate family of current employees to the Village for employment. For the purpose of clarification, immediate family is defined by blood or marriage as spouse, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, step-parent, step-brother, step-sister, step-son, step-daughter, niece, nephew, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law.
Orientation and Testing Information:
-Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on SATURDAY, MARCH 9, 2019
-Sign-in will open at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver's license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
-Test will be held in Plainfield, IL - Exact location will be released to eligible candidates.
For questions about the minimum requirements or how to apply please contact IOS Recruitment:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 800-343-HIRE.
The Village of Plainfield Employment Application (for all positions except Police Officer) must be completed in full. Applications should only be submitted for positions that are posted. Resumes received without an application and incomplete employment applications will not be considered. Applications are also available at the Village Hall.
Completed applications with resume and a cover letter for all civilian positions can be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at Village Hall, or mailed to:
Village of Plainfield
24401 W. Lockport St.
Plainfield, IL 60544
The Village of Plainfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages persons of diverse backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all applicants due to the large volume of applications that we receive. However, if we are interested in interviewing you for one of our positions, you will be contacted at that time.
The hiring of Police Officers is conducted through the Plainfield Police Commission selection process whereby testing leads to an Eligibility List. Our current list expires November 17, 2019. Notice will be posted when testing will occur and applications will be accepted at that time.