24038 W. LOCKPORT STREET
24038 (515) W. Lockport Street - (1892)
A two-story brick building with Romanesque Revival detailing that was built soon after the 1892 fire. The storefront has been rebuilt with wood with in a period appropriate style and includes a canvas awning and newer brick piers. The upper façade has four large double hung windows separated by cast iron columns and blind brick arches above each window. The cornice has brick and terra cotta corbelling and ornamentation. Other than the storefront, the building retains excellent integrity and detailing.
Charles Sonntag operated his pharmacy and soda fountain at this location from its construction until about 1912 when he moved to the south side of the street 24031 (508) W. Lockport Street where he operated only the pharmacy. It later housed a grocery store and from the 1920s to the mid-1940s it was home to Owen’s Restaurant and Café with a social hall on the second floor for the Modern Woodmen of America. The building housed two different music stores in the 1970s, Earl's Music Company and then K&N Music Company. In the 1990s, the building was home to Sunnyside Antiques.