24040 W. LOCKPORT STREET
24040 (517) W. Lockport Street - (1892)
This is a two-story brick building with Italianate detailing and a recently rebuilt wood storefront utilizing its original steel beam. The upper floor windows have arched brick hood molds with brick keystones. The cornice has a brick dentil course and stone cap that has been partially rebuilt. This building has a very similar character to 24030 West Lockport Street though it was built about 20 years later. Other that the storefront, the building retains excellent integrity.
At the turn of the 20th Century, the building housed a meat market with a printer on the upper floor and in the 1940s it was a telephone exchange. The building was home to Zimmerman Paint Store until 1980 and to the Plainfield Public Library Annex from 1991-1993.