24215 (712) W. Lockport Street – Residential (c.1940)

This is a mid 20th Century 1½ story frame house with a side gable roof that remains residential. The main façade is divided into three sections.   The center section has rusticated limestone veneer and a single double hung window, the flanking sections are recessed, and the eastern section includes the entry and a small concrete stoop along with three double hung windows. The western section was originally the garage but it has since been enclosed and converted to living space. The infilled garage door now has two small double hung windows. There are three gabled dormers, each with a double hung window.   All original windows have six-over-six lights and wood storms. The house is sided with original wide-planked clapboard siding and there is a historic one-story wing at the rear, the house has excellent integrity.  


William Zimmerman lived in the house in the 1940s and '50s.  William was the son of Jesse, who drove the first school bus in town, and Lulu Zimmerman.  The home was passed down to his son, Charles Zimmerman.


Back to Map