24018 (407) W. Lockport Street – Universalist Church (1868)
Church Trustees bought this lot in March 1868 for $200 and built the church at a cost of $6,000. In 1907, the building was purchased by St. Mary Immaculate Parish and converted to a Catholic Church. In 1909, they renovated it with a more Neo-Gothic character. The church served the Catholic community in Plainfield until they outgrew the space and built a new church in 1971.
Renovated again in the 1970s by the Lambert family, it has served mainly as a restaurant. Most recently, it was home to Bacis. It is a wood-framed structure resting on a locally quarried limestone foundation with wood clapboard siding, a bell tower entry, and an oak confessional converted to a phone booth. The Catholic Church altered the entry doors and in 1916 completed the installation of the sanctuary stained glass windows by making them in the arched Gothic-style. There is a small concrete block addition to the side rear and the tower roof was rebuilt after a 1930s fire but the structure retains excellent integrity.