ROUSE BROTHERS REPAIR SHOP
24109 (608) W. Lockport Street – Rouse Brothers Repair Shop (c.1850)
This building was originally built about 1850 as a two-story, wood-framed carriage shop. The second floor was removed and the exterior covered in stucco about 1915. In the 1980s, the entire exterior and storefront were extensively altered and it does not retain any historic materials. It is a one-story frame structure with a brick façade and vinyl siding along the east elevation. The brick covers the entire front façade and storefront;
the original wood siding is reportedly still underneath the brick veneer. There are double hung windows punched into the façade along with a single door. There is a modern wood cornice applied to the top of the façade that includes a dentil band.
At the time it was moved and renovated, about 1915, the building housed the Rouse Brothers machine repair shop. After the renovation, Rouse Brothers ran a Mobil Sinclair Gas Station. Gasoline was sold from a curbside pump out front and there was a garage bay for service repairs. It remained an auto repair shop for many years, until after 2000. It was home to Dave's Village Auto Service through 1990, then Alstoti Auto Service, and ABC Towing.