24041 W. LOCKPORT STREET


  
Click for more views

 


24041 (518) W. Lockport Street – Retail (1900)

This one-story brick building was built after the 1899 fire in a simple commercial vernacular style with a
pressed metal cornice. The storefront includes original cast iron columns and a beam with rosettes.  It has
been rebuilt in a period-appropriate manner with wood bulkheads and windows including a canvas awning. The upper façade is of plain red face brick and the cornice has a dentil course and ornamental panels matching those to the east and west.

 

It was a billiard hall with a one lane bowling alley in 1912, owned by George Pierce.  In the 1950s, it was home to Dixon’s Men Store, the Villager Clothing Store, and Sound Investment Records and Tapes.  It is currently a retail establishment.


   Previous
Back to Map  
Next