24033 W. LOCKPORT STREET
24033 (510) W. Lockport Street – Retail (1899)
This building was built soon after the 1898 fire in a simple commercial vernacular style. It is a one-story brick
building with a pressed metal cornice. The storefront is recessed and covered with a canvas awning. The upper façade is of red face brick and includes brickpiers at each end of the building and brick corbels under the cornice. The cornice has ornamental end brackets, dentils, and ornamental panels. There is a pedimented panel extending above the cornice line with a rosette mounted at the center.
The building housed a farm implement store in 1912, J. E. Brockway Sheet Metal circa 1920, Cello-Craft Company in 1952, Jack’s Grill in the late 1960s to mid 70s, Village Inn Restaurant in the 70s and 80s, Lockport Street Café until 1992, and then Potter's Place Mexican Restaurant. It is currently a restaurant. This building matches the building to the east, 24031 W. Lockport, and was built simultaneously.