24031 (508) W. Lockport Street – Sonntag Building (1899)
This building was built soon after the 1898 fire in a simple commercial vernacular style. It is a one-story brick building with a pressed metal cornice and the storefront has the original cast iron columns and a steel beam with rosettes. It has been rebuilt in a period appropriate manner with wood bulkheads and large display windows. The upper façade is of red face brick and includes brick piers at each end of the building and brick corbels under the cornice. The cornice has ornamental end brackets, dentils, and ornamental panels. There is a half-round panel extending above the cornice line with the name "Sonntag" painted on it.
The building was constructed by John and Albert Sonntag for their harness and bridle shop. This building also housed the Charles Sonntag Pharmacy & Soda Fountain from 1912–1918; the ticket office for the Aurora Plainfield & Joliet Railway until 1924; Sage's Royal Blue Grocery in the 1940s and 1950s; and a laundromat from the 1950s-1980s. It currently is a restaurant. This building matches the building to the west at 24033 W. Lockport and was built simultaneously.