24028 (503) W. Lockport Street – Centennial Building (1876)
This two-story brick building was covered in stucco in 1995 because the original bricks had been plastered. The original cornice is now a plain parapet but it retains historic character and has its original storefront with cast iron columns manufactured by H. Humphrey in Joliet. A stone nameplate shows that it was built in July 1876 by Frank R. Tobias as the Centennial Drugstore. In 1885, it was the Clippinger Drug Store. After surviving the 1891 fire, it was used as a harness shop in 1893; an A&P Grocery in the 1930s and 1940s; and the Zimmerman Firestone Tire Store in the 1950s.