DR. DAVID JUMP'S DRUGSTORE
24032 (507) W. Lockport Street – Dr. David Jump’s Drugstore (1893)
This is a two-story building built by Dr. Jump for use as his drugstore after the 1891 fire. The storefront retains several cast iron columns and has brick bulkheads with period appropriate wood-framed windows and canvas awnings. The upper floor has two pairs of double hung windows covered with canvas awnings. There is an original corbelled brick cornice and the building retains excellent integrity.
After the Civil War, the Grand Army of the Republic John A. Burrell Post hosted its meetings on the second floor until the group disbanded in the early 1920s. Rudy Krebs owned a radio shop here from the 1920s to the 1940s. It has been the home of Miller’s Butcher Shop for over a generation.